Getting Started With LibreOffice Development: Object-oriented Programming and C++ Introductions
Turned around and found the right lineEasyHack four things are needed:
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming
- C++ Language Fundamentals
- Completing a Build from Scratch of LibreOffice master
- Understanding git and gerrit to submit your changes
- e.g Building on Linux (video included), Building on Windows and more ...
- there exists extensive documentation and tutorials on git and also for gerrit we collected some good documentation, because -- while git is a common skill these days -- gerrit still isnt that commonly used in open source projects.
Finding a good and modern starting point for C++ development was by far the hardest topic to cover of those named above. However, looking for them prompted Eike to dig out his personal "developer bookmarks" -- a treasure trove that I will keep exploring further for other good content (this is where the "C++ Annotations" link came from).
P.S. As a sidenote and additional motivation: All those books -- but especially "Head First: Design Patterns" should provide the context to understand many of the in-jokes found on the oldest wiki ever, the C2 WikiWikiWeb which can be an quite entertaining read once in a while.
Originally published on 2018-10-11 14:55:55 on wordpress.